Welcome to my kitchen. Sit down and make yourself at home. We are making “sushi”.
I found a new passion embarking on the Sushi Adventure.. There is a huge misconception that sushi means raw fish, when it really means vinegared rice or items served on or in vinegared rice. Sushi is versatile and can be a favorite food from vegetarians to fish, poultry, and meat lovers.
I hope you fall for these adorable mouthfuls! These tasty Tropical Pineapple Sushi Rolls make a fun appetizer and a delightful meal.
You will need:
- In a bowl, blend the flour and water. Add water or flour according to the direction on the package. Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to 180 °C (350 °F).
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into 1-inch cube
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons capers
- ½ avocado sliced
- ½ cucumber julienned
- 2 green onion, thinly minced
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Srichara Chili Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sheets nori
- Tempura Batter
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- Prepare the Sushi Rice.
- Mix together the salmon, red onion, capers, green onions, mayonnaise, Srichara sauce and salt. Set aside.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a heavy skillet to 350F. Dip the cube pineapple in Tempura Batter , then in panko before adding to the heated oil. Fry until golden brown about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- For each roll, spread about (1 cup) of rice on the dull side of the nori, ½-inch from the edge of the narrow side; work with moistened fingers. Flip the sheet for the rice to be on the underside.
- Place half of the julienned cucumber on the upper third of the sheet . Place the salmon mixture in the centre of the sheet. Add the tempura pineapple, and half the avocado Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Roll tightly starting from the rice-less side of the nori. Compress roll with a bamboo mat, applying a uniform pressure. Dip the tip of a knife in water and cut roll into ten bites. Place on a serving platter.
Category: SUSHI goes west