This year, banish the boring or unhealthy snack. These almond butter granola bars are packed with natural ingredients. They will satisfy your craving for a good snack without blowing your calorie budget.
I love making homemade granola bars. They are easy to make and they don’t require too many steps.
What’s your favorite granola bars recipe?
- 2 and ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick oats) ( gluten free)
- 2 /3 cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup honey or agave
- ¼ cup brown sugar, loosely packed
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup dried tart cherries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 8x8 square (or 9x9 inch) baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, almonds, coconut, salt, and cinnamon.
- Combine honey or agave, brown sugar,and almond butter in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally until almond butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Pour over oat mixture and stir until evenly coated, Stir in dried cherries.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool and cut into bars.