Just in time for your Thanksgiving dinner and holiday celebrations, this classic recipe for Cranberry Orange Sauce is quick to make and positively foolproof. It pairs wonderfully with turkey, and once you try it, you’ll never be satisfied with canned cranberry again.
Don’t even think about it.
Cranberries have wonderful health benefits, too. And another thing I love about this recipe—besides the taste and simplicity—is the color. This bright red sauce adds passion to the plate. Seriously. (Can you tell I’m into food? And color? And health?)
I like to double this recipe so I have leftovers, and then I use my cranberry sauce to top my yogurt or oatmeal in the morning.
- 1¼ cups sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges, if juicing)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 12 minutes or until cranberries pop. Remove from heat; stir in rind. Cool completely. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Category: Side Dishes