This Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Raw Marinara Sauce is easy, light, healthy. Any leftover sauce would be really really good as a dip for tortilla chips.
I love this sauce with zucchini noodles. It’s thick and hearty, and really delicious.
This sauce is so versatile. This raw marinara can also be used as a pizza sauce.
Once in a while, I like to incorporate some raw dishes into my diet. It’s healthy, fresh and easy.
I prefer to use Organic produces when making raw dishes.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup finely minced red onion
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup or agave
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in 1 cup fresh water until soft. Drain and rinse.
- Cut the top of the tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Dice the tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a food processor, chop finely garlic, red onion and herbs. Add sun-dried tomatoes, olive oil, maple syrup or agave, apple cider vinegar and chop in pulses. Leave some texture.
- In a bowl, fold together sun-dried tomato mixture with diced tomatoes. Season with salt and cayenne.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Got Squash? Let me help you with that… | The Belly Fit Club | August 10, 2016