Stir fries are fast, use a small quantity of oil and a lot of fresh vegetables. It is a great way to preserve the color and the crunchiness of the vegetables. Tofu is rich in protein and a great substitute for meat.
Serve over brown rice or brown basmati rice.
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cube
- 8-9 cups sliced fresh vegetables; red onion, red pepper, green pepper, celery, bok choy, asparagus, mushrooms.
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 Tablespoons dry cherry
- ¼ cup Ponzu sauce or soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger root
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon arrow root
- Combine sauce ingredients, except arrowroot powder and stir well. Mix arrowroot powder in a small quantity of water, add to sauce and stir well.
- Heat a large skillet or a wok add the oil and vegetable and stir fry until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add the tofu and stir carefully. Cook 1-2 minutes. Add the sauce and stir gently until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve over rice.