Enjoy pasta shells stuffed with crabmeat and shrimp served with a creamy white wine sauce.
- 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, minced
- 2 cans(6 ounces) lump crab meat drained
- 1½ cups small cooked shrimp
- 1 teaspoon + ¼ cup butter divided
- ¼ cup flour
- 3½ cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1/12 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1½ cup fresh grated parmesan, divided
- 4 green onions, minced
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Cook pasta according to package direction. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a skillet, saute red pepper, celery, red onion, garlic and mushrooms in 1 teaspoon butter until tender.
- In a bowl, combine crab meat, shrimp, mayonnaise, old bay seasoning, egg, green onion, 1 cup mozzarella and red pepper-garlic mixture.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat, whisk in flour, gradually whisk milk and wine. Bring to boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thicken. Season with salt and pepper and stir in 1 cup parmesan.
- Stuffed each shell with 1 Tablespoon seafood mixture. Place in a greased baking dish, pour over sauce and sprinkle with ½ cup parmesan cheese and paprika. Sprinkle some parsley to garnish.
- Bake uncovered for about 30-35 minutes at 350F