A delicate quinoa salad with tender green bean and shrimp. The shrimp provide bounce to your bite. This is a fabulous dish with lively color and herbal fragrance.
Tiny in size, quinoa is a great choice for salad. Quinoa is most famous for an impressive protein content that happen to boost all eight amino acids.
Quino is a superfood providing truly solid nutrition.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ pound green bean, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup fresh or frozen green peas
- ½ cup almond pieces
- 6 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onions and cook for 3 minutes. Add broth, wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Stir in quinoa and simmer on low heat, covered, for about 20 minutes, or until quinoa is almost tender.
- Arrange shrimp on top of quinoa in pot and simmer for 3 minutes. Add green bean and peas on top of the shrimp and simmer for 3 more minutes. Top with almond, green onions and parsley and season with salt and pepper.