Quinoa burgers are a great way to use some leftover cooked quinoa. These little quinoa patties are vegan and gluten-free.
This is the best quinoa burger recipe that I have tried so far. Simple to make, these burgers are crispy and very tasty.
They are healthy and will surely pleased your kids.
- 2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced (1 ½ cups)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- ½ small zucchini, grated (1/2 cup)
- ½ cup carrot, grated
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 5 Tbs. ground flaxseeds
- 3 tsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- Bring broth, sweet potato, and quinoa to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Transfer to bowl to cool.
- Stir chickpeas, zucchini, carrot, pumpkin seeds, ground flaxseeds, basil, salt, pepper, chili powder, and thyme into quinoa mixture, mashing chickpeas and sweet potato but leaving some chunks. Shape mixture into 8 patties.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until lightly golden brown. Remove from heat, place on baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes, turning once.
Adapted from Vegetarian Times Magazine.