Giving a new twist on a traditional Holiday Favorite. This Chai Eggnog Smoothie is delicious, creamy and not too sweet.
I love smoothies. They make a wonderful drink in no time,
You can replace the honey by your favorite sweetener.
Christmas is just around the corner and with it comes, a few treats you only get this time of year. And one of my favorite treat is eggnog, so why not combine some eggnog in a smoothie.
Make your own chai spice blend by combining and mixing the following in a small bowl:
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Store the extra spice blend in a cool dark place in a covered container
The chai flavor is very delicious, but if you are not a chai fan, you can skip it. You can replace it by your favorite spice blend.
I loved the addition of the chai spice in this smoothie.
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 banana
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- ⅓ cup of 2% milk
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon chai spice blend
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
Category: Drinks and Smoothies