Made not only with cocoa powder, but also bittersweet chocolate and chocolate chip, these brownies are rich in flavor.
Chewy and chocolaty, these brownies are simple and utterly satisfying.
These treats are chewy and fudgy. If you are a brownies lover, these triple chocolate brownies are for you.
Fo the nut-lovers, I add some chopped walnuts to the recipe. Giving some crunch and texture to the brownies.
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa (not Dutch-processed)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a double boiler over simmering water, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Take off heat. Add eggs and mix thoroughly. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa, and salt, mixing until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch square pan. Bake until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it, 20 to 25 minutes.
The recipe is adapted from Cooking Light Magazine!