Raw dessert can be very nutritious. By enjoying more of the delicious raw sweets, you’ll be displacing baked goods loaded with sugar, flour, eggs, butter and cream.
I am not on a raw food diet, but I like to incorporate some raw foods into my diet as much as I can, specially in the summer months.
I have found this recipe in one of my favorite RAW dessert books, SWEET GRATITUDE of Cafe Gratitude.
I love that book and the recipes are amazing.
- 2 cups pecans
- 3 ounces date paste
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ sea salt
- 3 cups soaked cashews
- 4 cups strawberries
- ¾ almond milk
- ¾ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons lecithin
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- Add to food processor the nuts, half the among of date paste, salt, and vanilla.
- Process all ingredients until the crust starts to rise on the sides of the food processor bowl.
- Repeat a few time until the mixture is consistent.
- Lightly grease the inside of the pan with coconut oil.
- Distribute crust evenly on the bottom of pan and compact by hand.
- Set aside.
- Add to blender all ingredients except coconut oil and lecithin.
- Blend until smooth and creamy (3 minutes)
- Stop blending and add lecithin and coconut oil.
- Blend until oil and lecithin are well incorporated.
- Pour filling the into the crust.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours to set.