Apple pie is a traditional dessert. Each family or almost has its own recipe and everyone like to add his or her personal touch to perfect the best pie.
I can’t resist the taste of cinnamon and the aroma of baked apples.
These mini Maple Apple Pies make a stunning presentation and they are perfect for the Holiday Season.
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ⅔ pound pie crust
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Brown the apples for about 4-5 minutes and add the cinnamon.
- In a bowl, mix the maple syrup with the corn starch. Pour the preparation on the apples. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Distribute the preparation in four ramekins.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough into a rectangle 20 cm x 16 cm (8 inches x 6½ inches). Cut 16 strips of dough on the width of the rectangle. Cut 12 strips in two and form a grid by using six pieces to each ramekin. Place the remaining strips on the rim of each ramekin. Brush the dough with the egg yolk.
- Bake in the oven 25 minutes, until the dough is golden brown.