We all have our weakness, don’t we? Confession time: my weaknesses are bars and cookies. And when it comes to this particular weakness, what’s better than homemade?
These fresh cranberries oatmeal bars are divine. Seriously. And not only that, they have all the wholesome ingredients that I love.
This time of the year, the grocery store is overflowing with fresh bags of cranberries waiting to be part of a great recipe like this one.
So go ahead and indulge. These fresh cranberry oatmeal bars are wholly wholesome!
By the way, you can easily make a few batches of these and store them for later. They will keep tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to two months or frozen for a year.
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- Cooking spray
- 1⅓ cups fresh cranberries (about 6 ounces)
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon grated orange rind
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- To prepare crust, lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon) in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle coconut oil and juice over flour mixture, stirring until moistened. Mixture will be crumbly.
- Reserve ½ cup oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture into the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare filling, combine cranberries, yogurt, brown sugar, and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well. Spread cranberry mixture over prepared crust; sprinkle reserved oat mixture evenly over filling.
- Bake at 325° for 40 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Instead of Blogging | In my tummy | December 24, 2013
- 48 Healthier Holiday Cookie Recipes | December 4, 2014
- Recipes to make/try while home | oddgallimaufry | December 10, 2014
- 5 Pinterest Holiday Treat Recipes To Try | Adventures With Ellie | August 27, 2015