I like this time of the year. One of the many reasons is that I love Eggnog!!
These Eggnog Cookies are soft and moist with a delicate sugary flavor. I add some white chocolate chip for extra sweetness.
Each year I like to try new cookie recipes! I love to bake for the Holidays!
I like the flavor of eggnog combine with the perfume of cinnamon and nutmeg! These fall flavors bring back wonderful child memories.
This recipe is adapted from the blog Savory Simple!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 stick (6 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chip
- 3 tablespoons eggnog
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In the bowl a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter, white sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and scrape down the side of the bowl. Add the vanilla.
- Alternate between the flour mixture and eggnog, adding until all of the ingredients are incorporated.Add the chocolate chip.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheets. I used a 2 tablespoons scoop. Allow to chill for 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, or until the edges are just starting to brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Once the cookies have cooled down, brush with glaze.
- Garnish with cinnamon sugar.