I can’t believe that Christmas is only few days away! I am not ready yet. Are-you? The shopping is not completed, I am still cooking and baking.
While Christmas shopping, I went to my favorite Cookware Store and found this adorable mini doughnut pan.Every time that I buy a new gadget for the kitchen, I am like a little kid and cannot wait to open the package and try it.
While researching the internet for a baked doughnut recipe, I found quite a few that I like and adapted them to my taste. Sally’s Baking Addiction’s blog has a wonderful recipe for banana doughnuts.
Baking donuts is much easier than I expected and it’s a much healthier solution that frying doughnuts.The donut recipes are endless and not complicated at all.
These Baked Banana Doughnuts are moist, tender and delightful. They taste like a banana bread. They make a great presentation and a fun project to do with the kids.
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 3 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana (1 very small banana)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Plain Greek Yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour (or all-purpose flour)
- Dark Chocolate Glaze
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pan with cooking spray. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg with the sugar until light and pale in color. Stir in the banana, oil, vanilla and yogurt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Slowly pour dry mixture into wet mixture. Stir together until just combined (do not overmix).
- Using a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the corner cut off, pipe the batter carefully into prepared donut pan making sure each cavity is only ⅔ full. You can also use a spoon to spread the batter into the donut pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes (donuts should be fluffy and should spring back when touched Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan, about 5 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking or cooling, melt the chocolate chips, maple syrup, butter, and milk together in a small bowl in the microwave (about 30 seconds). When the donuts have cooled for 5 minutes, dip the tops into the chocolate glaze. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.