Coconut flour and coconut oil will work wonders for anyone trying to follow the Paleo Diet.I have been using more of the coconut flour and coconut oil recently. Some of my clients are trying to follow the Paleo lifestyle. I love the flavor and the texture.
These cupcakes turned out so moist and tender, anyone who loves coconut can appreciate these cupcakes.
The chai spices give them an extra flavor pairing wonderfully with the coconut taste.
Make your own chai spice blend by combining and mixing the following in a small bowl:
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
These cupcakes are amazingly good.
Add some silvered almonds for a fun “Look”.
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chai spices
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of almond extract
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- For the cupcakes, combine all the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a mixer to blend (get rid of any clumps of flour).
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ of the way with batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool and then frost.
- Whip together all the icing ingredients and frost!
- Note: One batch of frosting was more than enough to do the 8 cupcakes
Sites That Link to this Post
- Almond Chai Cupcakes & Chai Spice Blend - Pinterest Cupcake | March 13, 2015