These delicious and nutritious bars are great for a lunch box, or to take along for on a hike or bike ride.
Vegan, healthy and easy to make, these Goji Berry Bars are a favorite.
What Is a Goji Berry?
The goji berry is a bright red berry that comes from a shrub that’s native to China.
Goji Berries can be eaten raw, cooked, or dried and are used in herbal teas, juices, your baked goods.
What Are the Benefits of Goji Berries?
Rich un nutrients, Goji berries are a superfood.
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats ( gluten free)
- 1 ¼ cups brown rice crisps
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 1 Tb flax seeds
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup agave or your favorite sweetener
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup goji berry
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a 9-inch square pan with two pieces of parchment paper, one going each way.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, rice crisps, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, chia seeds, flax seed, cinnamon and salt.
- In small saucepan, stir together agave and almond butter until combined. Heat until the mixture softened. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir well. Add the goji berry.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 325F for about 23-25 minutes, or until firm to the touch. Let cool in the pan for 5-8 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- Slice and serve.