These Holiday muffins are flavor with eggnog and cranberries. They are festive and a great addition to your holiday brunch.
The tart cranberries combined with the sweet streusel topping make these muffins so delicious. Eggnog flavor helps give these streusel-topped muffins their delightful taste.
Eggnog is a must have during the Holidays Season ! Eggnog is rich, creamy and sweet.
- 2¼ cups Whole Wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup eggnog
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped frozen cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, slightly softened
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 14 to 16 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and nutmeg; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs with the white sugar and brown sugar until pale in color. Stir in eggnog, melted butter and vanilla extract. Mix in dry ingredients just until combined. Toss cranberries with 2 Tablespoons sugar and then stir into batter.
- Prepare streusel topping: Combine topping ingredients using a pastry cutter (or two knives) until crumbly.
- Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Top with streusel topping. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until muffins test done with a toothpick inserted in the center coming out clean.