These delicate Cranberry-Pecan Muffins are moist and and perfectly sweet. These muffins make a great breakfast or a snack.
A good source of fiber, dried cranberries are a good addition to baked good recipes.
Try these muffins for a special treat.
- ¾ cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (about 1¼ cups)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place ½-cup pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until pecans are fragrant and toasted. Cool.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and next 4 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Combine yogurt and next 5 ingredients (through eggs) in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Fold in cranberries, and toasted pecans. Spoon batter into 18 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle tops with remaining ¼-cup pecans.
- Bake muffins at 375° for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes on a wire rack.