Pure comfort food, this Gluten Free Banana Bread is perfectly moist and loaded with banana flavor.
This is such an easy recipe, you can whip this banana bread in no time. It started with ripe bananas…. and the essential ingredients are almond flour, gluten free flour blend, coconut milk and coconut oil.
Almond flour is a staple in my pantry, a gluten-free baking alternative to standard wheat flour.
Compared to other flours, the almond flour is especially flavorful, with a nutty taste that works well with many other foods. It produces baked goods that are especially light and moist. One of my favorite brand is Nuts.com
Their almond flour arrives ready-to-use in a nutty re-sealable packaging to help the flour maintain its freshness. It has a nice consistency and delicate undertones.
I store my almond flour in mason jars and I keep one out in my pantry and leave all the other ones in the freezer.
For the most tasty and fluffy bread, use very ripe bananas that have brown spots all over the skin and mash well with a fork or potato masher.
- 3 medium ripe bananas (~1.5 cups)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp or coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1¼ cup gluten free flour blend
- 1¼ cup gluten free oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
- Mash banana in a large bowl. Add all ingredients through coconut milk and whisk vigorously to combine. Last add almond flour, gluten free flour blend and oats and stir. Fold in the walnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour – 1 hour 15 minutes. When ready, it should feel firm and be crackly and golden brown on top.
- Let cool completely before cutting or it will be too tender to hold form.
adapted from Minimalist Baker
Sites That Link to this Post
- Food Blog Recipes We Love! - The Nutty Scoop from Nuts.com | February 12, 2015