Crab cakes are delicious and easy to make. Serve these delectable patties with a Tomato Cucumber Salsa for a great meal.
I use panko in my crab cakes but you can also use fresh breadcrumbs.
These succulent crab cakes are also fun to serve as an appetizer.
Enjoy these excellent crab cakes with the Tomato Cucumber Salsa or with your favorite salsa.
- Crab cakes:
- 1 pound shredded lump crabmeat, drained and shell pieces removed
- 1½ cups Panko, divided
- ¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make crab cakes, combine crabmeat, 1 cup panko, mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons green onions, juice, egg whites, salt, cayenne and black pepper. Mix well and shape to form 8 (1/2-inch-thick) patties. ( or smaller for appetizers)
- To make salsa, mix all the ingredients together.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Dip crab cakes lightly in ½ cup panko. Add crab cakes to hot skillet; cook 5 minutes per side or until golden. Transfer to plates; top with salsa.
- Serving; 8 appetizer servings or 4 main-dish servings