This Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole is so yummy and simple to assemble. It’s a one-dish wonder for a potluck and sure to be a crowd pleaser for a Super Bowl party.
To me, casseroles are so convenient and easy to serve. They remind me of moms everywhere, preparing warm and comforting food for families. This recipe is kid-friendly and one that you can easily prepare in advance.
Tip: make this dish when you need to use up leftover chicken or turkey. Or, for a real shortcut, start with a rotisserie chicken from your grocery store.
Ready for that amazing Mexican flavor, all in one dish?
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese blend (12 oz)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1 can (16 oz) refried beans
- 1 can (19 oz) enchilada sauce
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, 1½ cups of the cheese, and the chilies
- Place a few spoonfuls of enchilada sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer 3 tortillas in baking dish, overlapping as necessary and placing slightly up sides of dish. (Tip: cut the third tortilla in half to make it fit better.) Spread about half of the beans over tortillas. Top with about half of the chicken mixture and half of the enchilada sauce.
- Layer with 3 more tortillas and remaining beans and chicken mixture. Place remaining 2 tortillas over chicken mixture, overlapping slightly.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with remaining 1½ cups cheese.
- Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until bubbly and thoroughly heated. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish casserole with green onions.
Category: Main Dishes
Sites That Link to this Post
- CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE | Eat and Exercise | November 8, 2015