This asian salad is fresh and delicious. Bok Choy comes in varying sizes and it’s commonly used in Chinese cooking.
Looking to add more green. Bok Choy is very healthy for you. In raw recipes like this slaw, I prefer the use of baby bok choy for his milder taste.
Enjoy this Bok Choy Slaw as a side dish or serve with tofu, chicken, or fish.
Bok choy is a healthy vegetable to incorporate into your diet. Serve with dips, add to quiche instead of spinach or add to green salad.
This Bok Choy Slaw is colorful and delicious.
I have adapted the recipe from Vegetarian Times Magazine.
- 3 cups thinly sliced baby bok choy
- 1½ cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- One ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 Tbs. agave syrup
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- Combine Bok Choy, cabbage, mango, celery, green onions, cilantro and ginger in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, lime juice, agave, olive oil and soy sauce.
- Toss the dressing with the bok choy mixture.