These vibrant and tasty Veggie Burgers are the perfect vegetarian alternative to a traditional burger. They are the best veggie burgers I have tried so far.
Made with wholesome ingredients, they are easy to prepare. They will satisfy your appetite. These meaty patties are nutritious and a good meatless meal. They are also low in calories.
These easy-to-assemble burgers can be shaped ahead of time and cooked off when you’re ready to eat.
Make these veggie burgers several hours in advance, and chill them so they have a chance to firm up a little before cooking.
Chickpea, like all legumes, is a naturally rich food vegetable protein with several vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber. In addition, it is low in fat, and like all plant foods it contains no cholesterol. Not need to be vegetarian to enjoy its flavor and its benefits!
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1//8 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup panko or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Cook carrots in a pan of simmering water for 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain, return briefly to the heat to dry off any excess liquid, then add the chickpeas and roughly mash. Transfer to a bowl, cool slightly, then mix with beaten egg, parsley, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. Use your hands to form into 8 balls. Chill for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat. Flatten the balls into patties and cook for 4-5 minutes each side until golden brown and hot.
You may also like: