Chia has been used for energy for a couple of thousand years. These powerful protein chia bites are sweet enough to satisfy your cravings. These protein bites are the perfect snack to have, right before heading out for a run or to work.
Kids love these treats.
Chia seeds help the body maintain sustained hydration.
Make enough, they won’t last long. Everything is good about these protein chia seed bites.
- 1 cup nut butter, (I use almond butter)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup quick cooking oats ( you can use gluten free)
- 3 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 -2 Tablespoons agave or your favorite sweetener
- pinch of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon protein powder ( you can use vegan protein powder)
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mixture is smooth. Do not over-process.
- Form the mixture into balls the size of a walnut. Roll in shredded coconut.
- Store in the refrigerator.
This recipe is adapted from the book Chia: The Complete Guide to the Ultimate Superfood by Wayne Coates