There something comforting about soups. Soups are also the perfect canvas for some the of most mineral-rich foods nature has to offer, including detoxifying greens.
There are a thousand ways to detox your body. A simple detox soup provides you with a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals.
There’s always something exciting about a good pot of soup bubbling on the stove.
When looking to lose weight, eating a comforting detox soup which includes powerful ingredients providing a balanced array of minerals, proteins and fiber.
Adding kale at the end of the cooking endured that it’s softened enough without destroying all the good nutrients.
This is the kind of soup to eat before and after the Holidays!
- 1 cup medium onion, diced
- 6 clove garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 large sweet potatoes, cut in small cubes
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small yellow squash, diced
- 1- 28 ounce diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, cupped
- ½ Tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 cups vegetables broth
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups white beans. cooked ( use your favorite)
- 1 head kale, stems discarded and leaves chopped
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Put all the ingredients except the kale in the slow cooker on high for 4 hours or put all the ingredients except the kale in a large pot and cook on the stove. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 1 hour. After the soup is fully cooked through, stir in the kale and keep over the heat for 2 minutes longer.
Make sure you sign for our 7 Day Detox Breakfast Challenge.