This Chicken Pot Pie Soup is comfort food in a bowl.
The chunky soup is loaded with vegetables and chicken. This is like the classic chicken pot pie without the crust.
Filling, warm and delicious, this soup makes a wonderful meal. This is a great recipe to use some leftover chicken and some of your vegetables.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme, crushed between fingertips
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 medium carrots, cut into coins
- 3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 16 oz cooked chicken breast, diced small
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil on medium high heat. Add onion, celery, mushrooms, thyme and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, stirring often, add garlic and cook another minute. Add carrots, potatoes, the cooked chicken and the flour.
- Stir in the chicken broth, frozen peas and parsley.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 25 minutes. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the milk, bring back to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Menu: Summer Fun Rush | June 15, 2013
- Menu: Cleaning Weekend | August 3, 2013
- Recipe: Chicken Pot Pie Soup | August 9, 2013
- Top 10 Soup Recipes - Top Inspired | October 6, 2013
- Weekly Rays of Sunshine #50 | Recipes and Ramblings with the Tumbleweed Contessa | November 2, 2013
- Menu, Meals, Cooking Galore: November 8 | Just a Mama's Stories | November 9, 2013
- Healthy Chicken Recipe Round Up | Food Done Light | May 11, 2014
- Top 10 Soup Recipes | February 7, 2015