Simmering vegetables with oregano and rosemary. I like to use color and texture in this delicious and filling dish; red pepper, yellow squash, zucchini, red onion, spinach and asparagus are a great combination. You can use your favorite vegetables if you want.
Serve over rice, quinoa, couscous, pasta or polenta.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 red pepper, julienne
- 1 green pepper, julienne
- 1 pound zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 pound yellow squash, sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, cut in pieces
- 1 cup white bean, cooked
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan and saute, red onion, garlic, oregano, red pepper, green pepper for about 1-2 minutes, add zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus and saute another 1 minute. Add the bean and rosemary; saute 2 minutes, add the spinach and cook another 1 minute. Cook until the vegetables are tender.