This zucchini salad is light and refreshing, making a great vegetarian side dish.
The salad is dressed with lemon juice, shallot, garlic and olive oil. For a crunch, I add some toasted nuts.
- 4 zucchini, 2 yellow and 2 green cut using a spiralizer or julienned
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 Tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup toasted sliced almond
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Toss zucchini in a colander and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and let stand 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk shallot, garlic, lemon juice, dijon mustard and oil until well blended.
- Shake the moisture off the vegetables and toss the zucchini with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with nuts and parsley.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Raw Zucchini Salad and Simple Summer Corn | July 28, 2013