Light, refreshing, and fabulous, this Quinoa Salad with Blueberries is full of antioxidants. For a comforting breakfast or a light lunch, this delicious quinoa salad is super easy. It’s guaranteed to be a hit at your next picnic or barbecue!
Quinoa is not only delicious and versatile, but it’s also gluten-free and packed with great nutrients like protein, fiber, and magnesium. Instead of pasta salad this summer, cut some carbs and use quinoa as the base for your next salad.
The quinoa tiny seed is a powerhouse when it comes to nutrition. It is high in protein, around 12–18%, an unusual occurrence among plant foods. In fact, the protein in quinoa is considered to be a “complete protein,” as it contains all eight essential amino acids which are needed for building and maintaining muscle in humans.
- 1⅓ cup fresh Blueberries
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- ¼ teaspoons coarsely ground pink peppercorns
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon honey or agave
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 4 fresh mint leaves, optional
- Mix Blueberries with vinegar and pink pepper; set mixture aside. Wash apple, cores and slices. Mix cooked quinoa with apple slices, yogurt and honey or agave. Gently stir in Blueberries, dried cranberries and mint leaves.