What a great way to dress up eggplant. This recipe is crispy, tasty, easy and even a little fancy looking.
Baby eggplant works great because it’s easier to use the smaller pieces.
Parmesan cheese is totally optional, but it does add a nice final touch to the eggplant. You can also omit the butter for a dairy-free dish.
If you have a passion for cooking healthy, delicious food and you prefer to “do it yourselves.” You will love Cooking Planit.
With work, shopping, cleaning, household projects and school events, who has the resources to prepare a great meal on time? The answer is simple. Anybody who wants to break free from the humdrum cooking routine can reach new heights using the simple, powerful approach of Cooking Planit.
Cooking Planit is design to encourage people to cook, eat healthy, avoid packaging food, helping us to prepare multiple recipes at the same time.
Now, how to put those recipes together into a meal? And, more importantly, how to coordinate and get yourself organized so that you can prepare the entire meal without making it into a drama-filled production? I’m sure I’m not the only one who would appreciate some help here!
I was recently contacted by the folks at Cooking Planit to see if I was interested in learning more about their website and app. While using Cooking Planit to create a great tasty meal, I also have the chance to test T-fal Thermo-Spot cookwares.
The unique T-fal Thermo-Spot heat indicator shows when T-fal pan is perfectly preheated to seal in the flavor of your food. You can see that it’s not ready yet.
- The unique T-fal Thermo-Spot heat indicator is now showing, so it’s perfectly preheated and ready. I found it very useful.
- Stainless steel cookware with nonstick interior
- Nonstick interior is exceptionally durable and scratch resistant, Safe for use with metal utensils
- Oven safe to 350-degree Fahrenheit
- Dishwasher safe, Limited Lifetime Warranty
First things first -this Cooking Planit isn’t just a recipe website and app. In their words, Cooking Planit is a “personal kitchen assistant” that walks you through the whole meal planning, preparation and cooking process. When you come home tired from a long day at work, the last thing you want is to have to think any more than you have to, so to be able to have everything laid out for you is a huge help.
What is Cooking Planit?
Cooking Planit is an award-winning app that walks you step by step through everything you need to create a great meal from planning, shopping, and even the cooking process. For us who have day time jobs, cooking Time is in the most stressful part of the day. Cooking Planit’s Digital Cooking Assistant enables you to multitask when you cook. It will tell you what to do when, to slow down or speed up and exactly when your whole meal will be ready.
Being a Personal Chef, I need to be organized and be able to multitask when cooking. Cooking Planit is a great kitchen assistant like having a “sous chef” working with me in the kitchen. I am planning to use it as a menu planner for my clients.
Beyond the actual cooking, Cooking Planit also:
- Offers an extensive selection of pre-built, chef recommended meals (entrée + sides) the entire family will love AND the ability to customize your own meals according to ingredients and dietary needs.
- Automatically creates a grocery list that include everything you need for the meals you selected, you can even add on other items you need.
- Saves you time at the grocery store with a grocery list categorized by aisle that synchs across user devices.
- Saves effort with voice control. You can manage the steps while cooking without having to touch your screen (iPhone and IPad only)
- 2 Baby Eggplant
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup pine nuts
- Salt and Pepper
- ⅓ cup flour
- ⅔ cup Panko
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the ends off the eggplant, then slice it lengthwise into ¼ inch thick strips.
- Lay the eggplant on a plate of paper towels and sprinkle both sides with salt. Let it sit as you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place the pine nuts in a durable plastic bag and use a heavy object like a soup can to smash the pine nuts into a tiny crumble. Pour the crushed nuts into a shallow, wide bowl.
- Trim parsley leaves from the stems and finely chop to measure the indicated amount. Add to the pine nuts.
- Stir panko into the bowl of parsley and pine nuts.
- Pour flour into another shallow, wide bowl. Crack the egg into a third shallow, wide bowl and whisk to combine well.
- Line up the 3 bowls: flour, egg and pine nuts. Set a clean plate at the end near the pine nuts.
- Season each slice of eggplant with black pepper. Dredge 1 slice in the flour, coating both sides. Shake off excess, then transfer to the egg. Coat both sides again, shake off excess, then transfer to the pine nuts. Coat both sides, shake off excess, then transfer to the clean plate. Repeat with remaining eggplant.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and butter.
- Once butter is melted and oil is hot, add the eggplant slices. Oil should sizzle when you add the eggplant. Saute until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is also golden brown, another 2-3 minutes. While eggplant cooks, place fresh paper towels on the plate. Transfer cooked eggplant slices to this plate when ready.
- After eggplant is removed from the pan, sprinkle with salt while warm.
- Transfer pine-nut-crusted eggplant to dinner plates or a serving platter. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve warm!
So if you need a little help sometimes, I think you’ll like playing around with Cooking Planit. And to make things fun and exciting, the folks at Cooking Planit have offered to give away a T-fal Stainless Steel with Thermo-spot 12 Piece Cookware Set.
Here’s what you have to do to enter the giveaway:
1. Visit the Cooking Planit Web site and create a Free Cooking Planit Account.
2. Leave a comment here with your e-mail address.
3. ”Like” the Citronlimette Facebook Page and leave a comment here telling me you did
4. Please subscribe to my blog
The giveaway will run from Saturday, August 24th through Friday, August 3oth. You must be 18 or older and a U.S. resident. Once a winner has been randomly selected, I will contact you for further information, so remember to enter your email address when leaving a comment (it won’t show up in the comment). The winner will be announced on August 31st.
*Disclosure: Cooking Planit provided me with a set of T-fal Stainless Steel with Thermo-spot 12-Piece Cookware Set for review purposes. Cooking Planit is providing the prize for the winner of the giveaway. One Winner per household/per family from the 50 blogs participation.