If you are looking for something different to serve on Thanksgiving Dinner, try this green bean dish. Green Beans tossed with toasted walnuts and dried-cherry vinaigrette is a nice change from the traditional green bean casserole.
The recipe is adapted from Bon Appetit
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup dried tart cherries
- 1½ pounds trimmed green beans
- ⅓ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Whisk first 7 ingredients in a small bowl. Mix in dried cherries; set aside. You can make the vinaigrette 1 day ahead.
- Fill large bowl with water and ice;set aside. Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain and transfer to the bowl with the ice water. Cool and drain
- Toss green beans with walnuts and vinaigrette in a bowl.