Simple and so satisfying, this edamame salad is fresh and colorful.
Edamame is a green vegetable packed with protein. Consumed as a snack, used in soup and salad, the soybean turns a dish in an healthy meal.
Dressed in a light lime cilantro vinaigrette, this salad is summer in a bowl.
Serve over a bed of green or add some avocado slices right before serving for a complete meal.
- 2 cups frozen, shelled edamame
- 1 cup fresh corn or thawed frozen corn
- 1 cup organic black bean, cooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halves
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a big pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, whisk all the dressing ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Boil the edamame for 3 minutes. Add the corn and boil for another 2 minutes.
- Drain into a colander and run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Add the edamame, corn, black bean, and tomatoes to the dressing and toss to combine.