Bye Bye boring Brussels Sprouts! This salad has a new flair for the Holidays!
Thinly sliced Brussels Sprouts toss with olive oil, lemon juice, cranberries and walnuts.
This shaved brussels sprouts salad is something you an created very fast. It is simple and it is a great dish to complement your meal.
It can even be made ahead.
Brussels sprouts—along with other members of the cruciferous vegetable family like kale, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, and Bok Choy are pack with a ton of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-cancer power into a low-calorie package.
They are a good addition to your diet.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons diced shallots
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Shred the Brussels sprouts by removing the core and thinly slicing them. Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook, stirring, until the Brussels sprouts are bright and slightly wilted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the walnuts and the cranberries and toss to combine. Add the lemon juice.
- Serve warm.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Brussels Sprouts with Feta & Pecans recipe on FamilyFreshCooking.com — Family Fresh Cooking | November 16, 2012
- Wednesday 120512 | December 4, 2012
- Vegetable Healthy Recipe Round Up | | September 28, 2013