This mild member of the cabbage family is delectable. Bok choy has fleshy white stems and green leaves, both of which are good in stir fries.
To keep the freshness of this delicate vegetable, it is better to cook it al dente
The sweetness of the honey complement very well the saltiness of the prosciutto.
Store in perforated plastic vegetable bags in the refrigerator crisper.
- 8 baby bok choy
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seed
- Wash and dry bok choy very well.
- Wrap each bok choy with a slice of prosciutto.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add onion, pepper, ginger, and garlic and cook 2 minutes.
- Add honey, soy sauce, and vegetable broth. Heat 2 minutes.
- Add bok choy, salt and pepper, and cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat and cook for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
Category: Side Dishes