These Nut and Fruit Energy Bars are definitely not lacking in nutrition.
These addictive bars are perfect for a quick on-the-go snack that is filling enough to keep you going during a busy day.
These energy bars are a staple in my kitchen. They are the perfect canvas for a delicious collection of natural ingredients like chia seeds, dates, nuts, goji berries and cacao nibs.
Cacao Nibs can be found in a health food or gourmet grocery store. They are just chocolate that hasn’t been ground and mixed with sugar yet. They’re extremely good for you, but aren’t sweet at all.
This recipe for Nut and Fruit Granola Bars was born out of the desire for a granola bar satisfying while being healthy.
- 1½ cups soft Medjool dates ( 15-16) pits removed
- ¼ cup raw almonds
- ⅓ cup raw cashew
- ¼ cup raw pecan
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 4 Tablespoons cacao nibs
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon maca powder ( optional)
- ½ cup dried fruits
- 2 Tablespoons goji berries
- Lightly grease and 8x8-inch baking pan with coconut oil.
- Grind all ingredients together in a food processor except for the ½ cup dried fruits and goji berries, until a coarse dough has formed. Stop the machine and check the consistency. The dough should stick together easily. If the dough is too dry add a small amount of water ½ teaspoon at a time and blend again.
- When the desired consistency is achieved, add the last 2 ingredients and pulse few times. Keep some chunky texture.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing and pounding to flatten out the surface.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the bar in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before cutting.
- Cut into 8 bars.