This is a great soup to use leftover chicken or turkey. Corn tortillas are the best choice for this soup. They have a robust flavor.
This soup is very flavorful but not too spicy.
This recipe is always a big hit. it’s healthy and easy to make. Very satisfying, this soup make a delicious meal!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey or chicken breast (about 10 ounces)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 (14¼-ounce) cans no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced peeled tomatoes, undrained
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Stir in chicken and next 7 ingredients (chicken through diced tomatoes); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour. Ladle soup into bowls; top with fried tortilla strips
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan and add tortilla strips and fry until crisp, 1-2 minutes.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Turkey Tortilla Soup | Delicious Goodies Galore | November 24, 2012
- 100+ Amazing Lunches Made With Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey | School of Lunch | November 25, 2013