This mouthwatering dish is very tasty. A flavorful mixture of sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and ricotta cheese.
This is a very easy meal to prepare. Just a few ingredients.
The chicken breasts are stuffed with the ricotta mixture then wrapped tightly with prosciutto to help seal in the cheese, but also adding a layer of moisture and flavor that boosts the plain chicken breasts and adds a wonderful saltiness.
- ¼ cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 large slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F).
- In a bowl, combine the sundried tomatoes, ricotta, egg white, basil, and green onion.
- On a work surface, butterfly the chicken breasts. To do this, slice each breast half in half horizontally without separating them completely, then open like a book. Spoon the sundried tomato stuffing in the centre of each breast half. Close the chicken breasts on themselves. Wrap with a slice of prosciutto and secure with a toothpick.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat the butter and oil. Add the chicken and brown on all sides. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
Category: Main Dishes