I love quinoa. This Quinoa Chicken Parmesan dish is a favorite. Satisfying and nutritious, this recipe for a basic baked chicken parmesan is simple and delicious.
Quinoa is used as a replacement for breadcrumbs in this recipe and give a crispy coating on chicken. I enjoyed the texture of the crispy quinoa on the chicken and I am sure, you will also!
Quinoa can replace other grains in almost all recipes, it is so versatile. Here are some other suggestions.
- Add it to Soups
- Add it to Frittatas, soufflés, omelets, quiches.
- Stuffed Tomatoes
- Quinoa Bread
- Stuff a chicken with cooked quinoa, dry roasted nuts, onion, garlic, mushrooms and celery.
- Stuffed Peppers
- Quinoa burgers
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour or gluten free flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, homemade or storebought
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan of 1½ cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Stir in basil and oregano
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with cheeses and marinara. Place into oven and bake until cheeses have melted, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Adapted from Closet Cooking