Savory and a little sweet, this pork medallion with dried cherry is delicious.
This dish could not be easier to prepare.
Incredible tender and lean, pork tenderloin with a pan sauce take it form the ordinary to elegant.
- 1½ pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and sliced into ½-thick medallions
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup sweet red wine ( Port )
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup dried sweet cherries
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Season the pork medallion with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, and cook 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and add the shallots to the pan and saute until they began to soften, add the garlic and saute another 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine, scraping to loosen brown bits. Increase the heat and add the chicken broth, dijon mustard, and cherries. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Serve sauce over pork.