A Superfood is a term coined by the health food movement to describe a food that is nutrient packed, but low in calories. Because of their mega-stock of antioxidants and high dose of essential vitamins, Superfoods enhance your body’s ability to fight cancer, heart disease, and high cholesterol. Sounds too good to be true?
Are you looking for a quick and easy way to lower your cholesterol and cut your risk of life-threatening conditions like cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular disease? Maybe you want to reduce pain-inducing inflammation in your body while fighting the effects of aging on your skin and bones? Perhaps you need a bit of a brain-boost to improve your memory, and while you’re at it, how about a natural way to keep depression at bay?
No, we’re not talking about a miracle pill, illegal substance or yet another fad diet filled with empty promises – all these healthy benefits have been scientifically linked to one amazing (and really tasty!) superfood – wild salmon!
SUPERFOODS POWER is an amazing book about great ways to incorporate superfoods into your diet! The author, Charles W. James introduces us to 7 top Superfoods to speed up the fat burning process.
This amazing book is free to my readers. Mr. Charles W. James has offered to giveaway a copy to each of my readers. Leave a comment and the author will send you a PDF copy of the book.
SUPERFOODS POWER Volume 1: WEIGHT LOSS – 7 Top Superfoods To Speed Up The Fat Burning Process
We love salmon. I would say that we probably eat salmon at least once a week. There is so many ways to prepare it; baking, roasting grilling or pan frying, the result is always a favorite.
This is an absolutely delicious dish.
This pesto was so delicious, it will definitely be a keeper. It is great on the salmon and I can imagine it would be great served over pasta. Pesto, a combination of basil, garlic, pine nuts, in this case we use pistachio and olive oil. Easy and flavorful.
Pistachio-Crusted Salmon Filets are among my favorite things to make for dinner parties Not only do they have great stage presence, they are ridiculously easy to prepare.
This giveaway is open until January 22nd 2013. Please leave a comment and Mr. Charles W. James, the author will send you a pdf copy of this amazing book.
- Pistachio pesto
- 1½ cup fresh basil
- 1½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1½ cup pistachios, shelled
- ½ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup breadcrumbs, divided
- Oven roasted salmon
- 4 boneless salmon filet (6-oz each)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Add pistachios, garlic to food processor and pulse until chopped. Add basil and parsley a handful at a time, pulsing after each addition, until finely chopped. With the motor running, add the olive oil gradually; puree until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Add ¼ cup breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the salmon skin side down onto baking sheet. Squeeze the juice of lemon onto the filet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spoon some dijon mustard on top.
- Spread a ¼-inch layer of the pesto evenly over the top of each fillet. Sprinkle the reserved breadcrumbs over the pesto. Bake until the salmon is cooked -- it should just start to turn opaque, with a trace of bright orange in the middle -- and the topping is lightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.