These Pan-Seared Greek Steak Rolls are a gorgeous presentation of colors. Sauteed vegetables wrapped in a thin sliced steak.
They are perfect for any occasion.
I came across a similar recipe on the web by Steamy Kitchen. I like the addition of the feta cheese, the roasted red pepper for a more mediterranean taste.
Make this recipe your own by using your favorite veggies.
- 8 ounces flank steak or 8 thin sliced sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup beef broth
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 green onion, minced
- ½ lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 roasted red pepper julienne
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- ¼ cup feta cheese, divided
- Freeze steak for 30 minutes until partially frozen. Slice steak against the grain, on the diagonal, into 8 equally thin pieces. Use a meat mallet to pound each piece of meat to ⅛ inch thick. If using thin sliced sirloin, skip this step.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and add meat slices. Let stand 15 minutes to 2 hours.
- Place a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add garlic and green onion and cook 1 minute. Add asparagus, roasted red pepper, tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the beef rolls, lay beef slices out with short side facing you. Equally divide vegetable mixture among the pieces of meat. Roll the beef up, over the filling and secure with toothpick.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the remaining olive oil, swirling to coat bottom. When hot, add beef rolls, seam side down, not touching and pan fry for 1 minute, turn roll and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Remove toothpick and sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve.
Category: Main Dishes
Sites That Link to this Post
- Weekly Menu Plan - Just Us Four | June 19, 2013
- Pan Seared Steak Rolls | Delicious desserts recipes | September 2, 2013