This Mediterranean Pan-Roasted Salmon Recipe is packed with protein and OMEGA-3s…and flavor!
Recent research suggests that people following a Mediterranean-style diet have a lower risk of heart disease, cancer, and health problems. I try to eat fish at least twice a week. When you have fresh fish, you don’t need to do too much to make a dish sing.
Fish is a best source of essential Omega-3 fatty acids your body need.
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential to every single bodily function, including metabolism, hormone regulation, gene regulation and blood sugar sensitivity and every other factor that affects our bodies’ ability to burn fat.
HOW TO BUY FRESH FISH FLESH: The flesh should be firm and resilient. ODOR: This is the big one. Fish should not smell like fish. It should smell briny and like the ocean. SKIN: The skin should be shiny, not grey or dull
- ½ tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4 salmons fillets skin on
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry grape tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- Mix seasoning in a medium bowl. Sprinkle over salmon. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TB olive oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Place salmon skin- side up in a skillet. Cook 5 minutes.
- Turn salmon fillets. Place fennel, tomatoes, onion, capers and olives around salmon in skillet .
- Cook 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with lemon.