Roast Chicken, golden and juicy is perfect for anything from a feast to a weekday family dinner.
Easy to prepare with only a few steps.
Take the chicken out of the refrigerator at least an hour before cooking. Preheat the oven to 375F. Roast the chicken in an ovenproof dish that’s about the same size as the chicken for about 40 minutes. Increase temperature to 425F and roast the chicken an additional 20 minutes.
Let the chicken rest in a warm place for a minimum of 10-15 minutes before serving
- 1 (3¾-pound) whole roasting chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil,
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt,
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken; trim excess fat. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine oil, rosemary, rind, lemon juice, salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mixture under loosened skin and over breasts and drumsticks. Tie ends of legs together with twine. Lift wing tips up and over back, and tuck under chicken. Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack coated with cooking spray, and place rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 375° for 40 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 425F, and bake an additional 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in meaty part of thigh registers 170°. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 15 minutes.
Category: Main Dishes