This Italian Turkey Meatloaf with Basil is a favorite among my clients, this is my most request dish! This classic comfort food meatloaf includes some great Italian flair!
There is dozen of meatloaf recipes out there but this Italian Turkey Meatloaf is one of a kind.
This italian meatloaf is moist and tender and even better the day after. The leftover makes great sandwiches!
I don’t know about you, but I like to bake my meatloaf in small individual pans. Easy to freeze.
With mashed potatoes and a green vegetable, you have the perfect family dinner.
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded sharp provolone cheese
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- Combine boiling water and tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain tomatoes; finely chop.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine ½ cup ketchup, breadcrumbs, and the next 6 ingredients (breadcrumbs through turkey) in a large bowl. Add tomatoes to turkey mixture. Shape turkey mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Spread ⅓ cup ketchup over meat loaf. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Cut into 12 slices.
Category: Main Dishes