Chicken Tetrazzini is one of those dishes that makes use of leftover chicken or turkey. This traditional casserole is a crowd pleaser.
This week Sunday Supper turns 2 . I am honored to say that I am a member of the Sunday Supper Movement. I met Isabel, the founder, last year. I can say that I was very impressed by her positive energy and her love for food, family and friends.
The tradition of the family dinner should be lives in my family. I enjoy sharing food with good company.
Let’s talk about our recipe! Chicken tetrazzini is a cozy casserole for sure and can be very rich with -butter, cream and pasta.
I have lightened this classic dish by using less butter, 2% milk instead of cream and light cream cheese. Your family will enjoy this healthy chicken tetrazzini casserole.
This creamy casserole is hearty and delicious.
- 10 ounce uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2.5 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 ounce ⅓-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oi, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Cooking spray
- 1½ ounces French bread baguette, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add stock and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion, garlic, and thyme; sauté 3 minutes. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Combine milk mixture, mushroom mixture, pasta, chicken, and peas; toss to combine. Spoon the pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Place bread in a food processor; drizzle with 1 Tablespoon oil. Process until coarse crumbs form. Combine breadcrumbs and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano; sprinkle evenly over pasta. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
This recipe is adapted from Cooking Light Magazine.
Our first Sunday Supper event was hosted by Isabel, our founding member from Family Foodie, on January 8, 2012.
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Category: Main Dishes
Sites That Link to this Post
- Chicken Shami Kebab | January 12, 2014
- Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops for #SundaySupper | Ruffles & Truffles | January 12, 2014
- Chicken & Rice Dinner in the Crock for #SundaySupper | Mommasmeals.org | January 12, 2014
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts | Magnolia Days | January 12, 2014
- Homemade Brioche | Masala Herb | January 12, 2014
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls #SundaySupper - kimchi MOM ™ | January 12, 2014
- Portuguese Pork and Clams — Family Foodie | January 12, 2014
- Homemade Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing | Daily Dish Recipes | January 12, 2014
- S'mores Snack Cake #SundaySupper - Alida's Kitchen | January 12, 2014
- National Curried Chicken Day | Curried Chicken for #SundaySupper | January 12, 2014
- Poached Pear Bread for #SundaySupper | Hip Foodie Mom | January 12, 2014
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce #SundaySupper | January 12, 2014
- Imagination Stew #SundaySupper turns 2! - Cindy's Recipes and WritingsCindy's Recipes and Writings | January 12, 2014
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | January 12, 2014
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese for #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands | January 12, 2014
- Healthy Tuna Salad — Shockingly Delicious | January 12, 2014
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars | Pies and Plots | January 12, 2014
- #SundaySupper Turns Two – It’s a Birthday Bash! | January 12, 2014
- Provencal Seafood Stew #SundaySupper - Healthy. Delicious. | January 12, 2014
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting #SundaySupper | The Texan New Yorker | January 12, 2014
- Epiphany Cake for #SundaySupper | Happy Baking Days | January 12, 2014
- Kahlua-Toffee Ice Cream Cake #SundaySupper | Webicurean | January 12, 2014
- Low-Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili #SundaySupper - Yours and Mine ARE Ours | January 12, 2014
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad #SundaySupper Turns 2 - In The Kitchen With KP : In The Kitchen With KP | January 12, 2014
- #SundaySupper Turns 2! Celebrate with Me and Original Slow Cooker Party Mix! | January 13, 2014
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake - Curious Cuisiniere | January 13, 2014
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies Recipe | Killer Bunnies, Inc | January 15, 2014
- Luscious Fruit Salad #SundaySupper | March 2, 2014
- Happy Birthday Cake Mix Truffles #SundaySupper Turns Two! | Take A Bite Out of Boca | June 22, 2014
- Happy Birthday Cake Mix Truffles #SundaySupper Turns Two! | August 1, 2014
- Birthday Macaron for a #SundaySupper - 2 Years and Going Strong!! - A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures | July 20, 2015
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia - Flour On My Face | August 3, 2015
- Orecchietti with Chicken, Broccoli, Mushrooms and Onions for #SundaySupper | Kudos Kitchen by Renee | November 20, 2015
- Orecchietti with Chicken, Broccoli, Mushrooms and Onions for #SundaySupper | My Site | December 1, 2015