Chicken Tetrazzini is one of those dishes that makes use of leftover chicken or turkey. This traditional casserole is a crowd pleaser.
This week Sunday Supper turns 2 . I am honored to say that I am a member of the Sunday Supper Movement. I met Isabel, the founder, last year. I can say that I was very impressed by her positive energy and her love for food, family and friends.
The tradition of the family dinner should be lives in my family. I enjoy sharing food with good company.
Let’s talk about our recipe! Chicken tetrazzini is a cozy casserole for sure and can be very rich with -butter, cream and pasta.
I have lightened this classic dish by using less butter, 2% milk instead of cream and light cream cheese. Your family will enjoy this healthy chicken tetrazzini casserole.
This creamy casserole is hearty and delicious.
- 10 ounce uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2.5 ounces grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 ounce ⅓-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oi, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Cooking spray
- 1½ ounces French bread baguette, torn into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add stock and milk; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add mushrooms; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion, garlic, and thyme; sauté 3 minutes. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Combine milk mixture, mushroom mixture, pasta, chicken, and peas; toss to combine. Spoon the pasta mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Place bread in a food processor; drizzle with 1 Tablespoon oil. Process until coarse crumbs form. Combine breadcrumbs and remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano; sprinkle evenly over pasta. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Category: Main Dishes
Sites That Link to this Post
- Chicken Shami Kebab | January 12, 2014
- Frozen Chocolate Dipped Banana Pops for #SundaySupper | Ruffles & Truffles | January 12, 2014
- Chicken & Rice Dinner in the Crock for #SundaySupper | Mommasmeals.org | January 12, 2014
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts | Magnolia Days | January 12, 2014
- Homemade Brioche | Masala Herb | January 12, 2014
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls #SundaySupper - kimchi MOM ™ | January 12, 2014
- Portuguese Pork and Clams — Family Foodie | January 12, 2014
- Homemade Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing | Daily Dish Recipes | January 12, 2014
- S'mores Snack Cake #SundaySupper - Alida's Kitchen | January 12, 2014
- National Curried Chicken Day | Curried Chicken for #SundaySupper | January 12, 2014
- Poached Pear Bread for #SundaySupper | Hip Foodie Mom | January 12, 2014
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce #SundaySupper | January 12, 2014
- Imagination Stew #SundaySupper turns 2! - Cindy's Recipes and WritingsCindy's Recipes and Writings | January 12, 2014
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | January 12, 2014
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese for #SundaySupper | Noshing With The Nolands | January 12, 2014
- Healthy Tuna Salad — Shockingly Delicious | January 12, 2014
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars | Pies and Plots | January 12, 2014
- #SundaySupper Turns Two – It’s a Birthday Bash! | January 12, 2014
- Provencal Seafood Stew #SundaySupper - Healthy. Delicious. | January 12, 2014
- Bacon Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting #SundaySupper | The Texan New Yorker | January 12, 2014
- Epiphany Cake for #SundaySupper | Happy Baking Days | January 12, 2014
- Kahlua-Toffee Ice Cream Cake #SundaySupper | Webicurean | January 12, 2014
- Low-Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili #SundaySupper - Yours and Mine ARE Ours | January 12, 2014
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad #SundaySupper Turns 2 - In The Kitchen With KP : In The Kitchen With KP | January 12, 2014
- #SundaySupper Turns 2! Celebrate with Me and Original Slow Cooker Party Mix! | January 13, 2014
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake - Curious Cuisiniere | January 13, 2014
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies Recipe | Killer Bunnies, Inc | January 15, 2014
- Luscious Fruit Salad #SundaySupper | March 2, 2014
- Happy Birthday Cake Mix Truffles #SundaySupper Turns Two! | Take A Bite Out of Boca | June 22, 2014
- Happy Birthday Cake Mix Truffles #SundaySupper Turns Two! | August 1, 2014