A simple and delicious healthy Chicken Parmesan recipe.
This dish comes together very quickly for a satisfying dinner.
- ½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup panko
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 4 chicken breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1½ cups bottled fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅓ cup (1½ ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine ¼ cup of Parmesan, breadcrumbs, parsley, basil, oregano, and ⅛ teaspoon salt in a shallow dish. Place egg white in a shallow dish. Dip each chicken cutlets in egg white; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Set aside.
- Combine ⅛ teaspoon salt, pasta sauce, and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread enough tomato sauce to thickly coat the bottom of 9x13 casserole pan or baking dish. Arrange the chicken breast on top of the tomato sauce in the baking dish. Place sauce over each of the cutlets. Top the cutlets with mozzarella and the remaining ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the mozzarella begins to brown.