Halloween family fun can last all month long, and these Halloween Stuffed Peppers can start the season with something to smile about. I saw this idea floating around on the internet last year, and I promised myself that this year I’d try this trick for a treat on my table.
I’ve just created my version of these Halloween Stuffed Peppers so I can share them with you early, but I’ll make them again on Halloween night for sure.
You can, too! These are so easy to make, especially when you used prepared pasta sauce from a jar. Bright orange or yellow bell peppers make the cutest little jack-o’-lanterns. Stuffed with seasoned beef, onion, rice, and tomato basil sauce—nobody will be able to resist.
- 1 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 4 medium bell peppers
- ¾ pound ground sirloin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup bottled tomato-and-basil pasta sauce, divided
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash the peppers. Cut jack-o’-lantern faces into the peppers with a sharp paring knife, making triangle eyes and nose, and pointy-teeth smiles. Slice off the tops of the peppers and scoop out the seeds and cores.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and the next 5 ingredients (beef through allspice); cook 4 minutes or until beef is lightly browned, stirring to crumble. Remove from heat. Add rice, ½ cup pasta sauce, and cheese to beef mixture, stirring to combine.
- While beef cooks, combine ½ cup pasta sauce and chicken broth in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Spoon about ¾ cup beef mixture into each pepper. Place peppers in a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray; add chicken broth/sauce mixture to pan. Cover with foil and bake for about 35–40 minutes. Uncover; bake an additional 5 minutes.
Category: Main Dishes
Sites That Link to this Post
- In the Kitchen with Sigona’s Featuring: Spooky Halloween Delights | | October 21, 2013
- Quinoa Stuffed Jack-o-Lantern Peppers » So Very Blessed | October 22, 2013
- Healthy Halloween Tips | Greenling | October 28, 2013
- Good Eats | Eat.Run.Blog. | October 30, 2013
- Spookalicious Halloween Treats | Webicurean | October 31, 2013
- Simple Foods to Get into the Halloween Mood | October 17, 2014
- 5 Fun Kitchen Treats to Have this Halloween | connaughtkitchens | October 17, 2014