This recipe for Gruyere and Arugula Stuffed Chicken is not only delicious but also easy.
A gourmet meal in no time. You don’t have arugula, try using spinach for a different taste.
Prepare the stuffing in advance and bake the chicken when ready to serve. Enjoy a nice dinner!
- 6 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 (1/2-ounce) slices Gruyère cheese
- 1½ cups trimmed arugula
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare the chicken, place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to ¼-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Discard plastic wrap. Top each chicken breast half with 1 slice cheese, and ¼ cup arugula, leaving a ¼-inch border around edges. Fold in half, pinching edges together to seal; sprinkle with salt and pepper. (The chicken can be prepared up to a day ahead and refrigerated at this point.)
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken in a shallow baking pan; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until done. Keep warm.
This recipe is inspired from Cooking light Magazine.