I made a large batch of chili this week. I needed something easy and quick to make. And this 30 minutes Sweet Potato Chili with Kale came out so good and hearty.
Ready in no time and full of good ingredients, you will love this sweet potato chili with kale, perfect for the cooler nights. This is one of our favorites.
I love kale, this cruciferous vegetable is packed with nutritional benefits, Kale offers plenty of vitamins and good nutrients.
Kale is tender and fragile. Store in the crisper loosely gathered in a plastic bag.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced (approximately 2 pounds)
- 2 15 ounce cans kidney beans
- 2 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cleaned lacinato (Tuscan) kale, cleaned and cut into 2 inch pieces
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and garlic until tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the kale.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer for 30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Turn off heat and stir in kale so it wilts, then serve.